This position reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
• As part of OBM’s sales & marketing team, be seen as OBM’s Technical Account Specialist, acting as the point of contact between the customer and company.
• Keep customers apprised and trained on advancements in OBM’s technology.
• Coordinate and perform customer site training and demonstrations.
• Proactively engage in scientific discussions with customers to cultivate long term relationships.
• Create and maintain positive working relationships with customers. Key, is the ability to manage expectations while exceeding the customer’s needs.
• Gather and deliver strategic and competitive customer feedback, communicating customer use cases beyond initial product scope to Marketing and Research & Development teams.
• Troubleshoot issues related to user’s technical skills, experimental design, software and instruments.
• Provide support at trade shows, seminars and technical symposium. This will include presentations and networking with thought leaders,
• Interpret customer needs and identify the proper issue escalation pathway within OBM.
To be successful in this role, you MUST be able to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations and possess the following qualifications and experiences:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in molecular biology/biochemistry related field.
- Focused research/academic experience in any of the following fields is highly preferred: Oncology, Infectious Diseases, or Molecular/Cell Biology.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Willing to learn, work and grow together in a small startup with limited resources but plenty of opportunities to learn and shine.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant practical laboratory experience and technical expertise
- Experience and/or deep understanding of the following areas highly preferred: Gene Expression analysis, NGS, qPCR, and other sequencing methodologies.
- Experience in delivering scientific presentations to a diverse audience.
- This position requires the FAS to travel at least 60% of his / her time.
- This is a startup with very great potential. If you want to be successful in this position and grow with the company, you MUST:
- have a positive attitude and be very self-motivated.
- be an extrovert who loves meeting new people.
- be able to work under minimum supervision.