Who We Are:
One BioMed is a molecular life science company at the forefront of innovation, transforming human health by accelerating the pace of biomedical research and testing. It’s an exciting time to join One BioMed as we recently launched our first product line. We are looking for dedicated candidates who love tackling new challenges and solving complex problems that transform human health. To apply for a job opening, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a part of the Commercial Organization, the Field Application Scientist (FAS) works closely with global commercial partners to ensure customer adoption and success. Through preselling, training and supporting One BioMed products, the FAS assists with the scientific strategy to contribute to additional revenue growth from commercial opportunities.
- Engage with new and existing customers to educate, support and train them on One BioMed products and platforms
- In pre-sales environments, conduct seminars to educate and scientifically collaborate with customers in the planning and design of scientific projects to either support the purchase of an instrument or through partnership with an institutional/regional core lab or CRO (if available)
- In post-sales environments, train new customers and scientifically partner with clients in project scoping and design elements to increase product adoption and usage and participate in the cultivation of revenue generating post-sales support and consultative opportunities
- Conduct data analysis sessions and/or point to resources to enable regional customers to accelerate full adoption of technologies providing on-site troubleshooting as needed
- In partnership with the Commercial Team, identify opportunities through relationship building with clients to position the power and utility of One BioMed’s technologies for their research or developmental efforts
- Partner closely with the Commercial team in the positioning of new technologies as they are released and develop partnerships that may contribute to early access programs for these technologies
- Collaborate with Commercial Team counterparts in supporting customers and their scientific applications
- Contribute to the development and refinement of processes and materials used by the Commercial Organization to improve the information and tools needed by the global team to advance the needs of our customers and to help to build a world-class customer experience organization.
- Provide client and product feedback to internal teams as required
- Mentor and train other members of the Commercial Team as needed
- Complete administrative duties as required
- Commercial/Industry experience desirable (as a Scientist, FAS, or sales/sales support role)
- Preferred a Ph.D. in a molecular biology/biochemistry related field
- At least 3 years of relevant practical laboratory experience and technical expertise
- Focused research/academic experience in any of the following fields is highly preferred: Oncology, Infectious Diseases, or Molecular/Cell Biology.
- Experience and/or deep understanding of the following areas highly preferred: Gene Expression analysis, NGS, qPCR, and other sequencing methodologies.
- Requires excellent organizational and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Experience in delivering scientific presentations to a diverse audience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel locally (50% – 70%) with an average 3 nights a month of overnight travel for customer support and training.